…this recipe is too good to be true! I SWEAR!
We all exagerate or what seems to be exagerating alot on our blogs, but we all LOVE recipes and food and sharing it with all of the readers! 🙂
… But.. this recipe… zero exageration… this recipe is the real deal!
Even if you don’t have to make cookies… do it! Give them to a friend, co worker.. or you might jsut want to eat them all!!
So I posted this recipe during my 2nd class during culniary school…
My Chef gave this recipe to us and we made them in class…
….after I made them, I brought them all to Keith’s work as I did with most of my baked goods…
and they loved them! They all dubbed them as the best cookie they ever ate… I was blown away but I have not made them since…
now.. instead of just calling them the “cookies” they have a name… they are called 2.5’s!
Why you say?
Well, here is why!
Each of our baked goods were graded based on criteria…
These cookies right here only got a 2.5/3 because they were slightly under-baked..
but for some… underbaked is good… and well… this is how these cookies got the name of 2.5!
so, with out further a-do,
2.5’s (choco chip cookies)
5 oz butter (room temperature is KEY, NOT melted)
4 oz white sugar
4 oz brown sugar
1.5 tsp salt
3 oz eggs (about 1.5 eggs)
1 tsp vanilla
10 oz All Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
10 oz choco chips
4 oz nuts (optional) I did not use them this time
1. Cream butter and 2 sugars together. (Until it JUST reach’s the point where it is incorporated and creamy)
2. Add salt, egg and vanilla to above mixture until incorporated.
3. Combine Flour and baking soda
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until ALMOST incorporated.
5. At the point where you can still see a bit of the dry ingredients, add the chocolate chips and continue to mix until the chips are incorporated and the flour is all gone. (The less mixing the better)
Scoop out about 1 tbsp of dough per cookie.
Bake 375 – 8-12 minutes…
You are looking for a little browning around the cookie base as well as on the peaks of the cookies and at this point they are done even if they look soft! 🙂
Pinky Swear, you won’t regret this! (They were so good I packed them all up for Keith to take to his co workers and didn’t even take a picture… so you should make them and take a picture and show me! 🙂
p.s… Happy Monday!!