So, yesterday turned out to be a great successful day! The garden was canceled because of thunder and lightening in the morning, but then the weather turned around for the better!
I started my day off with a delicious breakfast.. definitely top 5 quick breakfasts! (Since I am new to this blogging stuff, I forgot to photograph my deliciousness) I will make it again tomorrow! I will give you a clue, it involves nut butters! 🙂
So as I said yesterday, there were a few things that I wanted to do after I worked out.
1. Workout = Check… This lady never misses a day of workouts! Today was all cardio – I AM a cardio-a-holic! so when I say a minimum of 1.75 hours in the gym don’t be surprised! 🙂
2. Go to the library.. Very successful!!
I am trying to learn how to make all of those yummy delicious cheesy, nutty, sourdoughy breads to perfection! 🙂 Wish me luck!
3. Improve my blog – well I am working on just learning some of the basics of the website because there are endless amounts of things you can do to make them better! 🙂
4. Make turkey burgers – Boy did I ever make turkey burgers!! MMMMM!!!
Before you cook up the burgers, make sure to grill up some yummy toppings like onions, mushrooms, spinach etc. to give the burgers a little flavor to cook in.
Burgers are one of those, a little bit of this, a little bit of that type of recipe.. so here goes
Little Bit Burgers
A little worcestershire sauce
A litle bit of bread crumbs
A little bit of Parmesan Cheese
A little Basil
A little oregano
Mix and place in a pan. Remember, turkey dries up fast so keep a little evoo on hand. Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes on each side and then you get these cute little guys!
Now, for a little bun for the little bit burgers… SOCCA!!! Thanks to my sister and a great recipe she got from a blog called nourishing flourishing.
I made little sliders surrounded with socca! Socca is a garbanzo bean flour that is delicious!! What is fun about it is that you can add all sorts of spices and flavors. I added dijon mustard with pepper to give my socca flavor! My next trial is going to be a sweet socca! 🙂
Last on my list…
5. Financial Aid – Long story, I might be changing from the Art Institute to Le Cordon Bleu… Lots of details but when the decision is made I will let you guys know.
6. NOT ON MY LIST… enjoyed some books from the library and got in a good end of the day stretch!
Few, what a day it was!! Hope my lively life is lively enough for you! 🙂
If you have gone to culinary school, what have your experiences been like?