So… I dont know about you guys, but I LOOOOVE Sundays!!
- sleeping in…
- making a yummy breakfast…
- just being relaxed…
- reading in bed for a bit…
- slowly making my way to the shower…
- I just love them…. especially the mornings! The afternoons usually pick up a bit with some errands, maybe a hike, laundry, blog etc.
So… here I am with seven sundays again…
and again… Thank you to Sarah for having the BEST idea ever for 7 sundays!
1. Thank you CCK for the BEST recipe ever for oatmeal cookie lara bars/balls! These were a HIT! I followed the recipe exactly and they were a great snack to have on hand! Click here for the details!!
They look goofy… BUT… soooo yummmmmy!
2. UPDATE on my book… “How to love an American Man”!
So far sooooo good! I only like 30 pages in, but it has me hook line and sinker…. although I am definitely not a good reader.. this books seems like it is going to be worth it.
3. My Homemade Mashed Sweet Potatoes!! I was debating what I wanted to do with the 2 potatoes on my counter.. and I decided… mash em up with yummies!! I Love them and so did Keith!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
2 potatoes – boiled in water with 1 tsp vanilla; cube size till fork tender
1/2 banana smooshed up
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp syrup
1/3 c. almond milk
1/4 c. orange juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. toasted walnuts/pecans
Mash everything up and top with nuts! Enjoy!! :)
4. CUPCAKES! My friend Michelle came over yesterday to work on cupcakes. Her god son was having a birthday party and was asked to make cupcakes for them… so I got to help! We both never actually used fondant… and it was a great time! Time consuming for some of the things that we cut out… but a great time!
We steamed the Fondant with the steam from our iron! Who would have thought!!
With doing this… it makes it look glossy and smooth.. and gets rid of any extra corn starch.
5. In my baking and pastry class we had to do a practical test… We had to make cookies, lemon curd tart with swiss meringue and biscuits. I did really well… the only point that I lost on was ONE.. yes ONE of my cookies out of 6 was a littttttttle over baked… Bah Humbug!
6. 2 weeks till i go home!!! I want to see my dogggies and my mama and Jamie and my WHOLE FAMILY! I really want to meet Jake too! You can see him with his brother at Sarahs blog!
7. This cake… we will leave it at that! More to come!
Happy Sunday Friends!